Friday, January 27, 2012

A Better Place

I have been wanting to write this for some time now, but just never seemed to have gotten around to doing it somehow. With that said, I would like to tell everyone that my brother-in-law passed away this past summer (July 2011), quite unexpectedly. Well, maybe not all that unexpectedly.

My brother-in-law was morbidly obese and was on a few different medications. He did not take care of himself and, in the years of my knowing him, never even tried to get himself healthy. The notion now-a-days, is that my doctor know best (which is a lie) and the medication he will give me will make me better (which is another lie). Step back from the big picture for a moment and think about this one. If you get healthy who wins and who loses? Well, we all know that answer...don't we? doctors don't make money off healthy or dead people. They need us to be just sick enough to keep coming back to them for regular check ups. I teach food classes at my local health food store and I tell my audience this all the time. You have to be your own food police and take care of yourself. Do the research, wake up and see what our government is allowing to happen to our food supply.

With that said, there is a reason for this post. When my brother-in-law passed away, I know see what ridiculous things people say. Someone actually asked my sister if she was going to commit suicide. I mean really...come on. She has two girls to raise. But the one that stuck a cord with my sister was this one: 'Leo is in a much better place.' Well my sister quite quickly turned to them and said: 'No he is not, his place is with us, not being dead.' Shut that person up real fast.

And think about it. He did not have a long drawn out illness where his death would have been a relief, he was not suffering in any way what-so-ever. So for someone (And usually it is someone who believes in God/Christ) to say he is in a better place, well to me, that is the biggest load of crap someone could ever say. And yet it is said all-the-time without even thinking about it. I truly never said that to anyone, even if they were better off. The family who is mourning does not want to hear that, and yet, even they themselves do not stand up and say anything to contradict what said person has just said. Well, my sister did and I for one, applaud her for it.

I hope anyone that reads this will get a better understanding of just how thoughtless that comment is. And my sister was a believer that there was a God before her husbands passing. She believes no longer. But I will save that for another post.

1 comment:

rockeries seattle said...

Hi, just my opinion, the phrase " they are now in the better place" means they are in peace and doesn't feel any pain that happens to mortals under the sun. Something in this world and universe are not fully understand or still in mystery and death is among them.