Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Here's To Late Bloomers

We all do it, and if you deny it, you are a damned liar. I admit to doing it, so should you. We judge books by their covers. and I am not talking about the readable kind either. I am talking about people in general. You see someone homeless on the street and you think degenerate and uneducated. And yet I know of a man who served his country for 20 years in two different branches of the Armed Forces and ended up being homeless. But there is more. He is now on the road to getting his first novel written. That is not to say he will be gracing the front table at Barnes and Noble, but he is on a road that most people would never have put him on years back.

Case in point, Britain's Got Talent. This woman came out on stage, looking as matron as many of our grandmothers and the audience as well as the three judges had already pegged her as a frump and someone not even worthy of giving a chance to, but she came out, with her little bit of sass and blew these people away. And the female judge (sorry don't know all their names for I do not watch the show) said it in all it's honesty that her along with everyone in thee audience were all a bit cynical. I know when I saw her coming on stage I never thought in a million years her voice would resonate the way that it did. Gave me goose-flesh.

It goes to show you that you don't have to look like the Beyonce's , Christine Aguilera's of the world to have a talent. She proved that by opening her mouth. And if this video clip doe snot move you in some fashion, then you need to be checked to see if you are still alive.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Yep, it reminds me of the guy that came out and sang opra on that show a few years ago...same thing. It is sad how much we base a person's worth on looks...we all do it, like you said.
I had seen this video and it did move me...very much. Wow!