Thursday, June 12, 2008

Getting Older

Well today my son enters his last year of teen-age-hood. And will be entering...and I quote, "My life of doom." He equates getting older with life's doldrums of bill paying, and financial burden, and such forth. He is right to a point, but he is only going on what he sees and hears at this home. I feel bad, only because I have let myself get pulled down into the negative thoughts of oh woe is me syndrome. I am a very upbeat person, but lately I have not been, but by listening to my sons words, I hope that I can turn my thought process around.



I hope he enters adulthood with an optimistic outlook on life and is not jaded by what he has heard from his parents. Do I want to shelter him? No. But I don't want him to be a wet blanket about everything in life. No one likes to listen to someone moan and groan about everything.



So here's to you Robert and hope you look at the world with a set of fresh and wondrous eyes.

1 comment:

Donna said...

I feel exactly the same way you do - I hope to change my negative outlook, but it seems so hard to do right now.
I didn't get your e-mails about the "Green " links, could you try again. I don't have a bulk folder or messenger so not sure where your e-mail went : (
My address again is:
justme32110@yahoo.com