Tuesday, July 7, 2009

We Can... But Should We?

This is also my 100th post. Hooray!

There are times when I shake my head. And I wonder if it is because I am getting older or that the news that is making me shake my head is that outlandish. Maybe a bit of both. I recently read an article that reminded me that our food is not what it appears to be.

Did you know that 60-70% of all corn and cotton has been modified and that 90% of all soybeans have been modified as well. Read the article Here . What are we doing to our food people? And why are we letting it happen? You want to know why. Because most of us are fooled into thinking that what we it is natural. And for the most part it is, but this proves us wrong.

Why do wacko scientists feel the need to push things that far. Just because they can? I find that a rape of the natural world. Just because we have the knowledge, does not mean we should use it. That is how problems begin. Take the H bomb for instance. The man who invented that regretted the minute he did it. So, again I ask, why do we do what we do in the world of science.

And hybrids! Unless you are talking about a car, it should not be done...end of discussion. And what is ti with scientists and fiddling with species. Whether it be animals, plants, DNA or anything else man has manipulated. I found this I get it that they are both from the equine species. So just because I am the same Geno as a chimpanzee does not mean I want our DNA spliced with it, just to see if it can be done.

Where does it end? We already are cloning. I mean we have Dolly the lovely sheep. And couldn't cloning head in the direction of a race or slaves. Sounds far fetched, but think about it. We clone the best of the best to do whatever it is we need done, without a care tho who or what they are, what is that saying about us as humans? Not much in my book.

No comments: